If you’re considering making an investment in a mechanized plasma cutting machine, you probably have a lot of questions. What kind of cut quality can you expect, what power source is needed, what materials are you now able to cut, how does the production rate compare, and more?
Recently, Hornet’s own Mike Best developed a helpful question and answer guide for The Fabricator to help answer many of those questions from people looking at investing in a plasma cutting machine.
The “Guide to Mechanized Plasma Cutting” answered 10 questions in total, including:
- What kind of cutting tolerances and thicknesses can be achieved with modern plasma cutting?
- What factors decide the size of the plasma power source that accompanies the mechanized table?
- Can aluminum and stainless steel be cut using modern plasma cutting technology? What sort of results can be expected?
- What experience level is needed to program a CNC plasma cutting machine? How long is the learning curve?
- What sort of maintenance requirements does a mechanized plasma table call for?
- What are the advantages of using high-definition plasma cutting technology?
If you’re in the market for a plasma cutting machine, or just doing research, we hope the guide provides value to you on your journey. If Hornet Cutting Systems can be of any help in your search, our team of experts would be happy to answer your questions and make a recommendation that best fits your budget and needs. Contact us today to get started.