The Hypertherm XPR170™ is the latest system in the XPR plasma line. It delivers next-generation X-Definition cutting processes ranging from very thin to mid-range thickness and is available on Hornet CNC cutting machines so you can maximize your productivity.
The XPR170 features unmatched X-Definition™ cut quality on mild steel, stainless steel and aluminum, and delivers increased cut speed, higher productivity, and lower operating costs for your organization.
The Hypertherm XPR170 cutting system is available on the Hornet HD, Hornet HDX, Mega Hornet 1000, Mega Hornet 2000, and Roto Hornet 1000 plasma cutting machine.
|Mild steel (argon assist)||
|Mild steel (standard air))||1-3/8″ (35 mm)|
||7/8″ (22 mm)|
||1″ (25 mm)|
Industry-leading X-Definition cut quality
The XPR170 advances HyDefinition® cut quality by blending new technology with refined processes for next-generation cutting on stainless steel, mild steel, and aluminum.
- Consistent ISO range 2 results on thin mild steel
- Extended ISO range 3 cut quality on thicker mild and stainless steel
- Superior cut quality on stainless steel
- Superior results on aluminum using Vented Water Injection™ (VWI)
Increased productivity and lower operating costs
- Reduced operating costs
- Increased cut speeds on thicker materials
- Sharp improvement in consumable life on mild steel applications
- Thicker piercing capability than other competitive plasma systems
Engineered system optimization and ease of use
- Ramp down error protection significantly increases consumable life
- Automatic system monitoring and specific troubleshooting codes lead to improved maintenance and service prompts
- Featuring EasyConnect™ torch lead and one hand torch-to-receptacle connection for quick and simple change‑outs
- QuickLock™ electrode for easy consumable replacement
- WiFi in the power supply can connect to mobile devices and LAN for multiple system monitoring and service
- System is compatible with IoT