Hypertherm’s Powermax105 features the duty cycle and performance needed for tough industrial cutting and jouging jobs. It delivers superior cut capabilities on 1-1/4″ (32 mm) thick metals, and offers the latest technological innovations, such as Smart Sense™ technology to automatically adjust the gas pressure. Seven Duramax™ torch styles provide versatility for hand cutting, portable automation, X-Y table cutting, and robotic cutting and gouging. The Powermax105 has a recommended machine cut thickness of 1-1/4″ (32 mm) and a maximum machine cutting thickness of 1-1/2″ (38 mm)
The Powermax105 is normally sold with Hornet Cutting Systems’ single-side drive machines.
Hypertherm Powermax105 Operating Data
|Cut capacity||Mechanized pierce|
|Maximum||7/8″ (22 mm)|
Metal removed per hour: 21.7 lbs (9.8 kg)
Depth x width: 3/8″ (10 mm) x 1/4″ (6 mm)
Key Advantages of the Hypertherm Powermax105
- Finish jobs faster with cut speeds three times greater than oxyfuel on 12 mm (1/2″) mild steel.
- Superior cut and gouge quality let you spend less time on grinding and edge preparation.
- Multiple, easy-to-use torch styles let you tackle a wide variety of jobs using the same system.
- Smart Sense technology ensures that the air pressure is always correctly set; it also detects electrode end-of-life, automatically turning off power to the torch to prevent potential damage to other parts or to the workpiece.
- SpringStart™ technology ensures consistent starting and a more reliable torch
- Drag cut at full output with a patented shield that reduces dross buildup for smoother cutting.
- Duramax torches are designed for high-impact and heat resistance.