Hypertherm’s Powermax105 is an 105 amp conventional air plasma cutting system with a recommended machine cutting thickness of 1/2″ (12 mm) and a maximum machine cutting thickness of 7/8″ (22 mm).
The Powermax85 is normally sold with Hornet Cutting Systems’ single-side drive machines.
Hypertherm Powermax105 Operating Data
|Thickness||Minimum Cut Speed
|Handheld cut capacity|
||1-1/4″ (32 mm)1-1/2″ (38 mm)||20 ipm (500 mm/min)10 ipm (250 mm/min)|
|Severance||2″ (50 mm)||5 ipm (125 mm/min)|
|Pierce||7/8″ (22 mm)|
|Metal Removal Rate||Groove Profile|
|21.7 lbs (9.8 kg) per hour||0.25″ (6.4 mm) D x 0.29″ (7.4 mm) W|
- Fast cut speeds: three times faster than oxy-fuel on 1/2″ (12 mm) mild steel.
- Superior cut and gouge quality means less time spent on grinding and edge preparation.
Easy-to-Use for Cutting and Gouging
- Smart Sense™ technology automatically sets correct air pressure based on torch length and operating mode.
- Handheld, straight machine and robotic torches for greater versatility and ease-of-use.
- Wide voltage tolerance improves performance on motor generators and in low-line conditions.
- Improved shield reduces dross buildup and enables smoother drag cutting for a better cut.
Built and Tested to Withstand the Harshest Conditions
- Duramax™ torches are designed for high impact and heat-resistance.
- SpringStart™ technology ensures consistent starting and a more reliable torch.
- Low maintenance for maximum uptime – it keeps on going.
Low Operating Cost
- Long consumable life for lower cost and more uptime.
- Exclusive electrode end-of-life detection protects the torch and workpiece from damage by automatically stopping power when the electrode is overused.
- High power efficiency lowers energy consumption.