The Hypertherm Powermax45XP delivers increased cut capacity, faster cut speeds, and automatic gas adjustments for a quick and streamlined setup and operation. The Powermax45XP has a recommended maximum machine cutting thickness of 5/8″ (16 mm) and 1/2″ pierce (12 mm).
New Duramax® Lock torches support handheld and mechanized cutting of a wider range of metal thicknesses, along with precision gouging such as spot weld removal, and marking capabilities.
The Powermax45XP is normally sold with Hornet Cutting Systems’ single-side drive machines.
Hypertherm Powermax45XP Operating Data
|Recommended||5/8″ (16 mm)|
||7/8″ (22 mm)||1/2″ (12 mm)|
|Severance||1-1/8″ (28 mm)|
Metal removed per hour: 7.5 lbs (3.4 kg)
Depth x width: 1/8″ (3 mm) x 1/4″ (6 mm)
Key Advantages of the Hypertherm Powermax45XP
- Compact and light weight, the ideal portable plasma cutter for a 5/8″ (16 mm) cutting system.
- Patented drag-cutting technology makes the Powermax45 XP easy to use – even for first-time operators.
- Smart Sense™ technology ensures that air pressure is always correctly set.
- CNC interface and FastConnect™ torch connection allows both handheld and mechanized operation.
- Finish jobs faster, with cut speeds 1.5 times greater than oxyfuel on 1/4″ (6 mm) mild steel.
- Superior cut and gouge quality reduces time for grinding and edge preparation.
- Duramax® Lock torches are designed for high-impact and heat resistance.
- SpringStart™ technology ensures consistent starting and optimum torch performance.
- Plasma cutting efficiency is 11% better than its predecessor, enabling you to cut more steel with less power, in less time.
- Hand cutting
- Mechanized cutting
- X-Y tables
- Track systems
- Pipe systems
- Robotic systems
Standard System Components
- Power supply
- T45v hand torch or T45m machine torch
- Starter consumable kit
- Work cable with clamp, 20′ (6 m)
- Carry strap