The Hypertherm Powermax45 is a 45 amp conventional air plasma cutting system with a recommended maximum machine cutting thickness of 3/8″ (10 mm).
The Powermax45 is normally sold with Hornet Cutting Systems’ single-side drive machines.
|Recommended||1/2″ (12 mm)|
||3/4″ (19 mm)||3/8″ (10 mm)|
|Severance||1″ (25 mm)|
Metal removed per hour: 6.2 lbs (2.8 kg)
Depth x width: 1/8″ (2.9 mm) x 1/4″ (6.5 mm)
Key Advantages of the Hypertherm Powermax45
- Small size and light weight provide unmatched portability among 1/2″ (12 mm) machines.
- Conical Flow™ increases arc energy density for superior cut quality with little dross.
- Patented drag-cutting technology makes it easy to use – even for first-time operators.
- Boost Conditioner™ compensates for input voltage variations on 200 – 240 V lines, providing improved performance on low-line voltage, on motor generators and on fluctuating input power.
- CNC interface and Fast Connect™ torch connection increase versatility for handheld and mechanized usage.
- Dual-angle design extends nozzle life and lowers operating cost.
- Powercool™ design cools internal components more effectively for greater system reliability and improved uptime.
- Hand cutting
- Mechanized cutting
- X-Y tables
- Track systems
- Pipe systems
- Robotic systems
Standard System Components
- Power supply
- T45v hand torch or T45m machine torch
- Extra consumables for cutting and gouging
- Work cable with clamp, 20′ (6 m)
- Carry strap
|Input voltages (±10%)
||200-240 V, 1-PH, CSA230 V, 1-PH, CE400 V, 3-PH, CE|
|Input current @ 5.95 kW
||200-240 V, 34 28 A, 1-PH, CSA230 V, 30 A, 1-PH, CE400 V, 10 A, 3-PH, CE|
|Rated output voltage
||20 – 45 A|
|Duty cycle @ 40⁰ C (104⁰ F)
||50% @ 45 A, 132 V60% @ 41 A, 132 V100% @ 32 A, 132 V|
|Output for 100% duty cycle @ 40⁰ C (104⁰ F)
||32 A @ 132 V|
|Dimensions with handle
||16.75″ (426 mm) D; 6.75″ (172 mm) W; 13.7″ (348 mm) H|
|Weight with torch
||37 lbs (16.8 kg) CSA35 lbs (15.8 kg) CE|
||Clean, dry, oil-free air or nitrogen|
||360 scfh; 6 cfm (170 l/min)|
|Input power cable length
||10′ (3 m)|
|Work cable length||20′ (6.1 m)|
||Full 3-year power supply warranty and a 1-year torch warranty.|