Hypertherm’s Powermax85 is the premier system for cutting 1″ (25 mm). It offers the same features and options as the Powermax65®, but with more power from an output of 85 amps. It has been designed to maximize productivity and uptime, and offers the latest technological innovations, such as Smart Sense™ technology and Duramax™ torch styles, to help you select the right tool for the job: hand cutting or gouging, portable automation, X-Y table, and robotic cutting or gouging. Recommend machine cutting thickness of 1″ (25 mm) and a maximum machine cutting thickness of 1-1/4″ (32 mm).
The Powermax85 is normally sold with Hornet Cutting Systems’ single-side drive machines.
Hypertherm Powermax85 Operating Data
|Recommended||1″ (25 mm)|
||1-1/4″ (32 mm)||3/4″ (19 mm)|
|Severance||1-1/2″ (38 mm)|
Metal removed per hour: 19.5 lbs (8.8 kg)
Depth x width: 1/4″ (6 mm) x 1/4″ (6 mm)
Key Advantages of the Powermax85
- Finish jobs faster with cut speeds two and a half times greater than oxyfuel on 12 mm (1/2”) mild steel.
- Superior cut and gouge quality let you spend less time on grinding and edge preparation.
- Multiple, easy-to-use torch styles let you tackle a wide variety of jobs using the same system.
- Smart Sense™ technology ensures that the air pressure is always correctly set.
- SpringStart™ technology ensures consistent starting and a more reliable torch.
- Drag cut at full output with a patented shield that reduces dross buildup for smoother cutting.
- Duramax™ torches are designed for high-impact and heat resistance.