Career Opportunity: Final Assembly – Electrical Assembly Technician
Who we are:
HCS (www.hornetcs.com) designs, manufactures and distributes CNC controlled oxy-fuel, plasma and waterjet cutting machines out of our Valley Center, KS facility. The company started in 2003 and has become one of the leading plasma cutting machine OEM’s in North America through innovation and customer centric business model. HCS has experienced very steady growth of its deployed equipment base over the last 15 years.
The role’s primary responsibility is to build electrical boxes, cabling and wiring harnesses per electrical schematics and work instructions for the Company’s CNC cutting machines.
Elements of the Role:
- Analyze and read AutoCad schematics, blueprints, work orders, change orders, job instructions necessary to assemble and/or integrate electrical sub-assemblies and components into the final electrical assemblies.
- Pick correct materials and tools for the work to be performed.
- Build electrical assemblies and sub-assemblies using templates, jigs or other related fixtures to complete task.
- Build and test interface, conductivity and related electrical requirements for electrical assemblies and sub-assemblies.
- Setup and perform all manual and automated assembly operations, and portable machine functions required to accomplish assembly operations.
- Perform functional testing or required checks during final assembly process or after completion of final assembly process as may be required by the work or oral instructions.
- Preform rework, corrective light fabrication, electrical trouble shooting and related post assembly corrective actions necessary.
- Preform work in accordance with the Company’s quality system.
- Complete assigned projects on time and to the specifications or other designed requirements.
- Meet the needs of the internal and external customers.
- Maintain and foster a team environment, by helping other team members meet their objectives, and being on-time and ready to perform the roles responsibility when scheduled.
- Look for opportunities for methods of continuous improvement.
- Capture data on input time and progress to production plan for all assigned tasks.
- 1 to 3 years of electrical assembly experience or equivalent amount of technical training curriculum and practical application.
- Exhibit higher than average degree of mechanical aptitude.
- Desire to learn and ability to adapt to changing work environment.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret electrical schematic drawings.
- Ability to use tape measures, squares, levels, fixturing tools, crimping tools and other required hand held power tools.
- Understanding of basic electrical principles.
- Physically able to lift up to 25 lbs, stoop for extended periods of time, perform operations while lying on the floor, repetitively climbing on structures in excess of 3 feet in height., and working in an environment that may be exposed to extreme temperatures and loud noise.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High School Diploma
- Tech School desired but not required
- Values driven company – Integrity, Humility, Respect and Team.
- Small town “family” oriented environment.
- Opportunity to actively participate in multiple disciplines of company – make your own impact.
What HCS Provides:
- Competitive compensation
- Performance bonus plan
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Benefits package – health and dental
- Valley Center, Kansas located 15 minutes north of Wichita, Kansas’ downtown corridor.
If you are ready for a rewarding career as an Electrical Assembly Technician at HCS, apply here!
Our company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.