Career Opportunity: Fabrication – Welder
Who we are:
HCS (www.hornetcs.com) designs, manufactures and distributes CNC controlled oxy-fuel, plasma and waterjet cutting machines out of our Valley Center, KS facility. The company started in 2003 and has become one of the leading plasma cutting machine OEM’s in North America through innovation and customer centric business model. HCS has experienced very steady growth of its deployed equipment base over the last 15 years.
The role’s primary responsible is to fabricate the structural components per the AutoCad and blueprint specifications for the Company’s CNC cutting machine platforms.
Elements of the Role:
- Analyze and read AutoCad and blueprints; understand design and welding callouts on drawing and blueprints.
- Use material handling equipment, such as forklifts, man-lifts, scissor lifts and overhead cranes to safely move raw stock.
- Operate CNC controlled plasma cutting table, press brake, folding machine, hydraulic band saw, grinder and related hand power tools to cut, form, fold, notch, stretch, punch and prep raw material for welding.
- Tack and weld using callouts on drawing and blueprint in addition to other designated instructions or procedures required to complete the specific task.
- Weld in vertical and horizontal positions, using MIG or Stick.
- Light assembly and integration of mechanical and electrical components on fabricated parts, such as installation of ducting, hinges, doors, control manifolds, etc.
- Preform work in accordance with the Company’s quality system.
- Complete assigned projects on time and to the specifications or other designed requirements.
- Meet the needs of the internal and external customers.
- Maintain and foster a team environment, by helping other team members meet their objectives, and being on-time and ready to perform the roles responsibility when scheduled.
- Look for opportunities for methods of continuous improvement.
- 1 to 3 years of welding and fabrication experience or equivalent amount of technical training curriculum and practical application.
- Ability to pass Company administered welding test.
- Ability to read and understand AutoCad drawings and blueprints, including understanding of welding callouts.
- Desire to learn and ability to adapt to changing work environment.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret fabrication drawings.
- Ability to use tape measures, squares, levels and other fixturing tools.
- Ability to identify beam, angle, channel, plate, sheet, and other material by size, thickness and type.
- Physically able to lift up to 75 lbs, stoop for extended periods of time, perform operations while lying on the floor, repetitively climbing on structures in excess of 3 feet in height., and working in an environment that may be exposed to extreme temperatures and loud noise.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High School Diploma
- Tech School Certification in Welding
- Values driven company – Integrity, Humility, Respect and Team.
- Small town “family” oriented environment.
- Opportunity to actively participate in multiple disciplines of company – make your own impact.
What HCS Provides:
- Competitive compensation
- Performance bonus plan
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Benefits package – health and dental
- Valley Center, Kansas located 15 minutes north of Wichita, Kansas’ downtown corridor.
If you are ready for a rewarding career as a Welder at HCS, apply here!
Our company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.