Career Opportunity: Machinist
Who we are:
HCS (www.hornetcs.com) designs, manufactures and distributes CNC controlled oxy-fuel, plasma and waterjet cutting machines out of our Valley Center, KS facility. The company started in 2003 and has become one of the leading plasma cutting machine OEM’s in North America through innovation and customer centric business model. HCS has experienced very steady growth of its deployed equipment base over the last 15 years.
The role’s primary responsibility is to machine precision parts on 3, 4 and 5 axis CNC milling and live tooling lathe for the Company’s CNC cutting machines.
Elements of the Role:
- Cut on multiple platform machines: 3, 4 and 5 axis mills; live tooling lathe.
- Work with variety of material: aluminum, carbon steel, stainless steel and titanium.
- Load, fixture and square material.
- Setup machine and adjust program as necessary to meeting part specifications.
- Perform first article inspection, as required.
- Deburr and inspect, per requirements, production run.
- Preform work in accordance with the Company’s quality system.
- Complete assigned projects on time and to the specifications or other designed requirements.
- Meet the needs of the internal and external customers.
- Maintain and foster a team environment, by helping other team members meet their objectives, and being on-time and ready to perform the roles responsibility when scheduled.
- Look for opportunities for methods of continuous improvement.
- 1 to 3 years of machining experience or equivalent amount of technical training curriculum and practical application.
- Ability to setup milling machine and fixture material.
- Ability to read and understand drawings and blueprints, including understanding of detail callouts.
- Desire to learn and ability to adapt to changing work environment.
- Strong understanding of shop math.
- Ability to use precision measuring tools, such as, micrometers.
- Physically able to lift up to 25 lbs, stand for extended periods of time, and working in an environment that may be exposed to extreme temperatures and loud noise.
- Good communication skills.
- High School Diploma
- Tech School Certification
- Values driven company – Integrity, Humility, Respect and Team.
- Small town “family” oriented environment.
- Opportunity to actively participate in multiple disciplines of company – make your own impact.
What HCS Provides:
- Competitive compensation
- Performance bonus plan
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Benefits package – health and dental
- Valley Center, Kansas located 15 minutes north of Wichita, Kansas’ downtown corridor.
If you are ready for a rewarding career as a Machinist at HCS, apply here!
Our company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.