Career Opportunity: Mechanized Systems – Mechanical Engineer
Hornet Cutting Systems (HCS) – Valley Center, KS 67147
HCS (www.hornetcs.com) designs, manufactures and distributes CNC controlled oxy-fuel, plasma and waterjet cutting machines out of our Valley Center, KS facility. The company started in 2003 and has become one of the leading plasma cutting machine OEM’s in North America through innovation and customer centric business model. HCS has experienced very steady growth of its deployed equipment base over the last 15 years.
The role is to responsible for assisting with all mechanical engineering aspects of the design, integration of third party components, including motion control systems, manufacturing, after sales service and troubleshooting of the mechanical systems on the company’s CNC cutting machines.
Elements of the Role
- Design, validate and manage the production of complex mechanical component of the company’s cutting machines including, but not limited to, chassis, frames, rails, bridge, tool carriages, and mechanized motion systems.
- Define structural design requirements for effective manufacturing and support of company’s cutting machines.
- Develop internal specifications in the form of data sheets and CAD drawing to convey key design parameters to manufacturing team.
- Work with suppliers of mechanized components to source and manage the integration mechanized components and ensuring supplier integration guidelines are followed.
- Lead the research and sourcing of structural and motion components of company’s cutting machines, including gears, gear boxes, linear ways, bearings, and associated components.
- Develop knowledge and ability to work with machine controls, soft process logic control, electrical drives, and ability to edit canned HMI software.
- Assist field service technicians with trouble shooting and problem solving related to mechanical components and support systems of the company’s cutting machines.
- Work on cross functional new product development and legacy product enhancement teams.
- Seek to continuously enhance manufacturability, ease of operation, uptime, serviceability and end user satisfaction.
- Lead the design, implementation and support of the comprehensive mechanical systems for new and existing company cutting machines.
- Establish clear objectives for designs and ensure the objectives will be delivered on time, on budget, and at class leading level of quality.
- Ensure disciplined execution of all responsibilities adhere to ISO 9001 and other certifications bodies, where applicable.
- Management of disciplined project change management process.
- Hands on management of implementation and execution of mechanical systems.
- Create and maintain a quality focused, customer centric, team first, work environment.
- Minimum of five years of mechanical systems design and implementation.
- Experience managing projects with a proven track record of successful completion.
- Strong knowledge of mechanical engineering concepts and industry standards, processes and procedures.
- Proven ability to oversee the work of other team members, and effectively communicate complex concepts to all team members.
- Ability to develop project schedules and management of execution of schedule and key milestones.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills – CAD software tools (required), and multi-tier job costing software tools (preferred).
- Ability to travel on a limited basis domestically.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Values driven company – Integrity, Humility, Respect and Team.
- Small town “family” oriented environment.
- Opportunity to actively participate in multiple disciplines of company – make your own impact.
What HCS Provides?
- Competitive compensation.
- Performance bonus plan.
- Retirement plan.
- Paid time off.
- Benefits package – health and dental.
- Valley Center, Kansas located 15 minutes north of Wichita, Kansas’ downtown corridor.
If you are ready for a rewarding career, apply here!
Our company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.