Career Opportunity: Mechanized Systems – Electrical Engineer
Who we are:
HCS (www.hornetcs.com) designs, manufactures and distributes CNC controlled oxy-fuel, plasma and waterjet cutting machines out of our Valley Center, KS facility. The company started in 2003 and has become one of the leading plasma cutting machine OEM’s in North America through innovation and customer centric business model. HCS has experienced very steady growth of its deployed equipment base over the last 15 years.
The role is responsible for planning and leading all phases the electrical engineering aspects of the design, integration of electrical components, including motion control systems, manufacturing, after sales service and troubleshooting of the company’s CNC cutting machines.
Elements of the Role:
- Design, validate and manage the production of complex electrical schematics for the company’s cutting machines controls, motors, drive amps, and support systems.
- Work with suppliers of electrical components to source and manage the integration electrical components and high voltage, high frequency, plasma cutting systems, and ensuring supplier integration guidelines are followed.
- Lead the development and sourcing of PC boards for machine controls, soft process logic control, and edit canned HMI software.
- Develop knowledge and ability to work with electrical drives, including tuning for optimal speeds, acceleration, and feedback for vibration mitigation.
- Assist field service technicians with trouble shooting and problem solving related to electrical circuitry, controls, PLC, HMI, motors, drive amps, and support system.
- Work on cross functional new product development and legacy product enhancement team.
- Seek to continuously enhance manufacturability, ease of operation, uptime, serviceability and end user satisfaction.
- Lead the design, implementation and support of the comprehensive electrical systems for new and existing company cutting machines.
- Establish clear objectives for designs and ensure the objectives will be delivered on time, on budget, and at class leading level of quality.
- Ensure disciplined execution of all responsibilities adhere to ISO 9001 and other certifications bodies, where applicable.
- Management of disciplined project change management process.
- Hands on management of implementation and execution of electrical systems.
- Create and maintain a quality focused, customer centric, team first, work environment.
- Minimum of five years of electrical systems design and implementation.
- Experience managing projects with a proven track record of successful completion.
- Strong knowledge of electrical engineering concepts and industry standards, processes and procedures.
- Proven ability to oversee the work of other team members, and effectively communicate complex concepts to all team members.
- Ability to develop project schedules and management of execution of schedule and key milestones.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills – CAD software tools (required), and multi-tier job costing software tools (preferred).
- Ability to travel on a limited basis domestically.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- Values driven company – Integrity, Humility, Respect and Team.
- Small town “family” oriented environment.
- Opportunity to actively participate in multiple disciplines of company – make your own impact.
What HCS Provides:
- Competitive compensation
- Performance bonus plan
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Benefits package – health and dental
- Valley Center, Kansas located 15 minutes north of Wichita, Kansas’ downtown corridor.
If you are ready for a rewarding career as an Electrical Engineer at HCS, apply here!
Our company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.