Career Opportunity: Production Supervisor
Who we are:
HCS (www.hornetcs.com) designs, manufactures and distributes CNC controlled oxy-fuel, plasma and waterjet cutting machines out of our Valley Center, KS facility. The company started in 2003 and has become one of the leading plasma cutting machine OEM’s in North America through innovation and customer centric business model. HCS has experienced very steady growth of its deployed equipment base over the last 15 years.
The role is primarily responsible to supervise the assembly, machining, and fabrication per the AutoCad and blueprint specifications for the Company’s CNC cutting machine platforms. Our manufacturing plant hopes to find a successful candidate that will take the initiative to improve our production stats while reducing our total cost outlay. We’re looking for a creative thinker who doesn’t mind sharing his or her ideas and implementing new strategies to benefit the business. If you’re a hard worker with excellent managerial skills and superior time management skills, we want to talk to you.
Elements of the Role:
- Manage shop resources to ensure Master Production Schedule adherence.
- Evaluate each work center in the manufacturing process to ensure maximum labor and material efficiency.
- Enforce safety policies and procedures (both in-house and regulatory) to decrease the potential for employee injuries on the job.
- Assume responsibility for manufacturing and shipping processes in the plant.
- Inspect products prior to shipment to ensure they adhere to customer specifications and required recordkeeping.
- Maintain open lines of communication between employees and management.
- Evaluate and allocate resources to efficiently relieve bottlenecks within manufacturing flow as required.
- Preform/Manage work in accordance with the Company’s quality system.
- Manage and complete assigned projects on time and to the specifications or other designed requirements.
- Meet the needs of the internal and external customers.
- Maintain and foster a team environment, by helping other team members meet their objectives, and being on-time and ready to perform the roles responsibility when scheduled.
- Look for opportunities for methods of continuous improvement.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ability to read and understand AutoCad drawings and blueprints, including understanding of welding callouts.
- Working knowledge of machining equipment and processes.
- Desire to learn and ability to adapt to changing work environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Results Driven.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma
- Previous experience in assembly/fabrication/machining supervisory capacity
- 3-5 years of assemble, machining, and fabrication experience or equivalent amount of technical training curriculum and practical application
- Values driven company – Integrity, Humility, Respect and Team.
- Small town “family” oriented environment.
- Opportunity to actively participate in multiple disciplines of company – make your own impact.
What HCS Provides:
- Competitive compensation
- Performance bonus plan
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Benefits package – health and dental
- Valley Center, Kansas located 15 minutes north of Wichita, Kansas’ downtown corridor.
If you are ready for a rewarding career as a Production Supervisor at HCS, apply here!
Our company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.