Career Opportunity: Field Service Technician
Who we are:
HCS designs, manufactures and distributes CNC controlled oxy-fuel, plasma and waterjet cutting machines out of our Valley Center, KS facility. The company started in 2003 and has become one of the leading plasma cutting machine OEM’s in North America through innovation and customer centric business model. HCS has experienced very steady growth of its deployed equipment base over the last 15 years.
The role is responsible for installation, customer training, trouble shooting and repair of the company’s CNC cutting machines.
Responsibilities of Role:
- Develop ability to assemble and troubleshoot all components of the company’s complex 3 and 5 axis cutting machines including, but not limited to, chassis, frames, rails, bridge, tool carriages, mechanized motion systems, and other integrated components.
- Develop knowledge and ability to independently install, update, train and troubleshoot machine controls, nesting software, soft process logic control, electrical drives, and HMI software.
- Train customer’s machine operators on machine use and general maintenance procedures.
- Provide best in class service and support to company’s customers.
- Provide feedback to engineering and operation teams on error modes identified in during service calls with customers.
- Provide proactive maintenance advice to customers to enhance cutting machine reliability.
- Assist customers with trouble shooting and problem solving related to mechanical components and support systems of the company’s cutting machines via phone.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in servicing mechanized systems which utilize PLC or similar control software.
- Experience providing on-site and phone support desired, but not required.
- Strong mechanical attitude.
- Above average understanding of electrical circuitry, drives, motors and automation controls.
- Proven ability to independently and effectively communicate complex concepts to customers or other team members.
- Ability to efficiently manage and maintain schedule.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time.
- Associates degree in Industrial Automation & Machine Maintenance or equivalent work experience.
- Values driven company – Integrity, Humility, Respect and Team.
- Small town “family” oriented environment.
- Opportunity to actively participate in multiple disciplines of company – make your own impact.
What HCS Provides?
- Competitive compensation.
- Performance bonus plan.
- Retirement plan.
- Paid time off.
- Benefits package – health and dental.
Valley Center, Kansas
If you are ready for a rewarding career, apply here!
Our company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.