Waterjet Operator / Welder / Fabricator
Primary Purpose of Job
Prepares and operates High Pressure Water Jet to process/produce high quality products. Performs multiple types of fabrication, welding and assembly in the production of metal cutting equipment
Major Job Responsibilities/Accountabilities
- Responsible for operation, loading and unloading material and parts, proving programs, operating controls, setting offsets, deburring and inspection of quality parts for conformance to requirements.
- Interprets drawings, manuals, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished products, sequence of operations and set up requirements.
- Cuts and/or joins metal parts in order to fabricate or repair using tools such as plasma cutter, MIG welder, oxyacetylene torch, chop saw, grinder, drill press, clamps, hand and power tools, break press and folding machine. Assemble machine components and commission operation and test.
- Ensure production rates are met or exceeded.
- Detects equipment malfunctions or out of tolerance machining and adjusts machine, within capabilities or controls as required to insure quality of productions. Reports all machine malfunctions to management.
- Communications with management, production control, quality and other shop personnel for assignments and to resolve machining or quality issues.
- Responsible for keeping equipment and work area clean and orderly and perform basic preventative maintenance function on equipment.
- Suggest and implement improvements.
- Completes all required safety procedures prior to and during operations.
- Conform to the company’s culture of quality, service and continuous improvement, while taking personal responsibility for your own actions and treating fellow employees, customers and vendors respectfully and ethically.
- Requires regular attendance to perform essential elements as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
- All other projects as assigned by management.
Knowledge and Skills
- Waterjet operation experience a must
- Understanding blue print reading/geometric tolerance interpretation
- Knowledge in use of precision measuring instruments and the application.
- Knowledge of the use of various types of equipment and tool common to the welding, fabrication and production trades (e.g., MIG welder, oxyacetylene torch, plasma cutter, saw, drill press, grinder, etc., )
- Technical aptitude and understanding of fabrication, welding and assembly techniques.
- Forklift experience needed.
- Basic math skills to include but not limited to adding, subtracting, multiplication, division, geometry and algebra for the purpose of calculating material fabrication.