The Hornet SS CNC plasma cutter is a unitized cutting system.
The Hornet SS CNC plasma cutter is configured with heavy-duty components to deliver decades of unmatched cutting performance. This CNC plasma machine is designed for customers who require a unitized industrial quality plasma table with no more than one plasma torch and one oxy-fuel torch. The Hornet SS may be configured with an integrated CNC cutting table in either a water table or downdraft air table design.
The CNC plasma machine is configured with a Hypertherm Edge Connect PC based CNC control, Hypertherm Sensor torch height control electronics, Hornet Cutting Systems RSVS-200 plasma lifter, powerful AC servo motors, low back-lash planetary gear boxes and precision ground linear guides for all drive axes to deliver premium motion control and cutting accuracy.
CNC Plasma Machine Configuration
The Hornet SS CNC plasma cutter is configured with a Hypertherm® Plasma Edge Connect PC based CNC control, Hypertherm Plasma SENSOR torch height control electronics, Hornet Cutting Systems RSVS-200 plasma lifter, powerful AC servo motors, low back-lash planetary gear boxes and precision ground linear guides for all drives axes. It delivers premium motion control and accuracy.
Heavy-duty Precision Frame
The frame of the Hornet SS CNC plasma cutting machine is a welded unitized structure fabricated from 1/4″ (6mm) steel and heavy wall steel tubing. All surfaces of the welded frame are machined to accept linear guides and gear rack in a gantry milling machine without repositioning the frame. The gantry beam is fabricated from heavy wall steel tubing, stress relieved and then machined to ensure precise alignment of the dual precision linear guides and gear rack.
The Hornet SS CNC plasma cutting machine is available with a 5 ft (1.5m) cutting width and a 10 ft (3.0) cutting length.
Standard Features of the Hornet SS CNC Plasma Cutter
- Hypertherm Plasma Edge Connect CNC Control with Phoenix CNC software
- Heavy Wall Steel Tubing Machine Frame and Gantry Beam
- Fabricated End Trucks
- 1,000 IPM Rapid Traverse Speed (25m/min)
- Tucked 20mm Linear Guides on Main Rail Axis (X)
- Dual 20mm Linear Guides on Cross Axis (Y)
- Alloy Steel Pinion Gears
- Tucked 3/4” (19.5 mm) Gear Rack
- Planetary Gear Heads
- Enclosed Flexible Cable Carriers on Both X & Y Axis
- Tool Carriage for Two Tools
- Plasma Systems up to 130 Amps
- SENSOR Torch Height Control Interface
- RSVS-200 Plasma Torch Lifter
- Plasma Torch Collision Mount
- Manual Bevel Attachment
- Plasma Roller Ball Plate Rider for HVAC applications
- Alignment Camera
- HydroCLEAN water table with adjustable water level
- AeroCLEAN multi-zone down draft air table with side clean out doors
- Integrated Single-Zone Down Draft Air Table
- Dust Collection Systems
- CAM Software
Phoenix CNC Control Software
- Microsoft Windows 10 – embedded version.
- Hypertherm Phoenix CNC software.
- Remote Help via the internet.
- Cut Pro Wizard
- Customizable process tables.
- CAD file to CNC converter & row and column nesting.
- Enlarged screen elements with pop-up keyboards and number pads.
- Shape library with 68 shapes, allowing more than 300 parts to be programmed.
- Shape Wizard allows to construct / edit parts on screen
- Dynamic kerf compensation.
- Restart cutting ahead or behind current position or move to exact pierce number.
- Move forward or backward on path.
- Watch windows for speed, position, consumable life, process data, and status messages.
- Online Help function
Plasma THC Technology
SENSOR THC electronics and Hornet Cutting Systems RSVS-200 Lifter:
- Delivers Hypertherm Rapid Part Technology with ProNest and Collision Avoidance
- 600 IPM (15 m/min) vertical positioning speed
- Pierce height sensing using Ohmic or position error stall detection
- Maintains torch to plate height during cut via voltage regulation
- 8″ (200 mm) stroke travel for torch positioning
- 50-300 VDC Arc Voltage Range in .1 volt increments
- Pneumatic plasma torch collision mount with E-Stop to CNC
THC Control Parameters:
- Transfer height
- Pierce height
- Pierce time
- Cutting height
- Cutting voltage
- Retract height after cut